Founded in 1803, this church occupied two other buildings on Salem Street before locating on the present site at 493 Main Street in 1891. Designed by architect, H.S. MacKay of Boston, the structure is compatible in style to the adjacent H.H. Richardson-designed Converse Memorial Building. In 1915, the church burned down and the interior was rebuilt. The church is noted for its two stained glass rose windows, designed by European artist, Charles J. Connick and given by Governor Alvan T. Fuller (of Malden) in 1941. The magnificent pipe organ was donated by the Converse family, Malden's most illustrious benefactors.
493 Main Street