Parking Fines and Late Fees:
- Parking tickets from the City that are not paid within 21 days will incur an additional $5 late fee.
- Parking tickets still not paid after an additional 21 days will incur an additional fee of $20. In addition, registration may be ‘marked’ at the registry for non renewal.To remove the ‘marking’ an additional $20 fee will be charged by the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV).
- To avoid substantial late fees and RMV fees, please pay your ticket before the 21 days have elapsed. You can avoid what can amount to additional fees of $45.
- White parking tickets may be paid by going to www.kelleyryan.com. Please note that it may take several days before the ticket is available for viewing and paying.
- Orange tickets must be paid by mailing payment as follows (you may also pay white tickets at this address):
- Tickets may also be paid in person at 110 Pleasant St, 1st Floor. We accept cash and checks. Credit cards are not accepted.
- You may appeal a ticket by filling out an appeal form and sending it to the Parking Clerk. Appeals MUST be received by the Parking Clerk within 21 days of the ticket being issued to be considered.
- You may access the appeal form at the bottom of this page.
- Follow the instructions on the form and return by either mail or in person to:
Office of the Parking Clerk
110 Pleasant St, 1st Floor
Malden, MA 02148
You may choose to have a hearing in person or have the Parking Clerk decide the case based on the information contained on the form. You will be notified by mail of a decision.
If you wish to appeal the decision of the Hearing Officer:
The legal appeal from the decision of the Hearing Officer is to the Middlesex County Superior Court, 200 Trade Center, Woburn MA. There is a $275.00 filing fee. The parking ticket adjudication process was decriminalized by the Massachusetts State Legislature.
Still have questions? Please contact us at (781) 397-7090, Option 3 from the menu and we will be happy to help you!