Congratulations to those who will be working in the summer program with the City of Malden. The Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program (MSYEP) is a comprehensive summer program; it combines classroom workshops on work readiness with a summer job to practice those skills. In order to complete the hiring process and keep your spot in the program, you must attend a MANDATORY employee orientation- even if you have attended in the past. Most paperwork must be updated annually.
It is very important that you bring the following documents with you, COMPLETED IN THEIR ENTIRETY to your orientation. These documents are available for download on www.cityofmalden.org/MSYEP
1. IRS Form w-4
2. USCIS Form 1-9 (along with required forms of identification please see list of acceptable documents explained in the 1-9)
3. A signed receipt that you have received and read the Sexual Harassment and Conflict of Interest Policies. Please read and download the policies.
4. A completed Work Permit application (for those under 18 years old)
5. A completed CORI Form (if you are 18 or older) with a valid ID.
6. A signed YouthWorks Confidentiality and Release Form
7. A completed YouthWorks Pre-programSurvey.
You will be given your work assignment, as well as your classroom training schedule at your orientation.
If you are unable to make your scheduled orientation, you must email both Karen Hayes (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kelli Collomb (email@example.com) at least 24 hours beforehand to schedule an alternate date. If you do not attend your orientation or reschedule in a timely manner, your position in the program will be offered to another youth.
We look forward to working with you!