UPDATE AS OF 6PM on Tuesday, MARCH 14th
- Snow emergency lifted as of 6AM on Wednesday, March 15th
- Emergency lots must be clear by 8AM or be subject to towing
- Malden Public Schools will be CLOSED on Wednesday, March 15th
- All other public buildings OPEN for normal hours of operation Wednesday, March 15th
- Trash/Recycling will resume collection tomorrow pushed forward 1 day for the remainder of the week
- Report power outages to National Grid at 800-465-1212 or visiting National Grid Outage Central at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/ReportOrCheckOutage
UPDATE AS OF 12PM on TUESDAY, MARCH 14th
- Snow Emergency remains in effect
- DPW Phone lines are down due to an electrical outage. Message us at Facebook.com/cityofmalden or twitter.com/thecityofmalden for non-urgent questions or requests. Dial 911 for any emergencies.
- Residents can continue to park in emergency lots but MUST monitor 311 to find out when to vacate
- Malden City Hall, Malden Public Library, Senior Center, Teen Center and Malden Public Schools all closed Tuesday, March 14th
- Trash canceled Tuesday, March 14th and delayed one day for the rest of the week Wednesday - Saturday.
UPDATE AS OF 3PM on MONDAY, MARCH 13th
As of 9PM tonight, Monday, March 13th, the City of Malden will declare a snow emergency. After the snow emergency begins at 9PM tonight, winter parking restrictions will be strictly enforced. Please listen carefully for details about the emergency parking ban and to the end of this message for details about other city services affected by the storm.
Regarding the parking ban:
To avoid being ticketed or towed, you must seek off-street parking. For residents without access to off-street parking, there are 7 locations for you to park free of charge and these lots are available to be parked in as of 6PM tonight. The locations are the Early Learning Center, Beebe, Forestdale, Ferryway, Linden and Salemwood Schools as well as downtown at the CBD Parking Garage. Vehicles can remain in these lots until the snow emergency is lifted but you must monitor 311 to find out when to remove your vehicle from these lots.
Regarding other city services:
Trash pickup for Tuesday, March 14th will be canceled and trash collection will be pushed forward 1 day for the remainder of the week Wednesday through Saturday.
Malden Public Schools will be closed Tuesday, March 14th
- Malden Public Library, Senior Center and Teen Center will all be closed Tuesday, March 14th as well as the Forest Dale Cemetery.
|Winter parking restrictions for the City of Malden run from November 1st to April 1st. Take a look at this card to find out if/how your street is affected. For any questions related to winter parking violations or towing, contact the Malden Police Department at 781-397-7171.|
Where to Park During a Snow Emergency
|When a snow emergency is declared in the City of Malden, parking becomes more restrictive than the standard seasonal winter parking general rule. Several streets are designated as emergency arteries and must be completely free of vehicles for the duration of the snow emergency or risk being ticketed and towed. If your street is listed in the yellow section on the second page of this flyer, you must remove your vehicle for the duration of the snow emergency.|
If you are required to move your vehicle, you can park in one of the City's designated emergency parking lots located around the City for the duration of the snow emergency. The lots are located at the Beebe, Linden, Ferryway, Forestdale, Salemwood schools as well as the Early Learning Center. You must monitor our website, social media or dial 311 to be informed about when your vehicle needs to be moved.
Snow Removal Contractors
|The City of Malden has a list of contractors that you can contact if you need assistance removing snow on sidewalks abutting your property or business. The City of Malden does not employ these contractors but rather lists their information for you to contact to arrange your own business transaction between you and the contractor. If you are interested in becoming a snow removal contractor, click the link on the left. If you are interested in being a snow plow contractor working for the Malden DPW, click on the appropriate link to the left.|
Snow Removal Ordinance and Fines
|The City of Malden requires residents and businesses remove snow from the sidewalks abutting their property. Failure to comply with this ordinance could result in a fine issued by the City. Please familiarize yourself with he rules and try to encourage your neighbors to do the same. If you have trouble removing the snow yourself, we have provided a list of snow removal contractors that you can hire to remove the snow for you. Lastly, if you know of a property that is not complying with the rules and want to report them, you may do so using your 311 issue reporting tool.|
Follow Live Storm Updates on Social Media
|Leading up and after winter storms occur, we provide continuous live updates on our social media accounts.|
Snow Emergency Alerts
The City of Malden has various ways to alert residents and businesses when a snow emergency is declared and/or lifted. There are many places for you to find out the status of a snow emergency.
Winter Weather Safety Tips and Emergency Prep
|The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency MEMA has put together a comprehensive list of tips.|