UPDATE AS OF 6PM on Tuesday, MARCH 14th
- Snow emergency lifted as of 6AM on Wednesday, March 15th
- Emergency lots must be clear by 8AM or be subject to towing
- Malden Public Schools will be CLOSED on Wednesday, March 15th
- All other public buildings OPEN for normal hours of operation Wednesday, March 15th
- Trash/Recycling will resume collection tomorrow pushed forward 1 day for the remainder of the week
- Report power outages to National Grid at 800-465-1212 or visiting National Grid Outage Central at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/ReportOrCheckOutage
UPDATE AS OF 12PM on TUESDAY, MARCH 14th
- Snow Emergency remains in effect
- DPW Phone lines are down due to an electrical outage. Message us at Facebook.com/cityofmalden or twitter.com/thecityofmalden for non-urgent questions or requests. Dial 911 for any emergencies.
- Residents can continue to park in emergency lots but MUST monitor 311 to find out when to vacate
- Malden City Hall, Malden Public Library, Senior Center, Teen Center and Malden Public Schools all closed Tuesday, March 14th
- Trash canceled Tuesday, March 14th and delayed one day for the rest of the week Wednesday - Saturday.
UPDATE AS OF 3PM on MONDAY, MARCH 13th
As of 9PM tonight, Monday, March 13th, the City of Malden will declare a snow emergency. After the snow emergency begins at 9PM tonight, winter parking restrictions will be strictly enforced. Please listen carefully for details about the emergency parking ban and to the end of this message for details about other city services affected by the storm.
Regarding the parking ban:
To avoid being ticketed or towed, you must seek off-street parking. For residents without access to off-street parking, there are 7 locations for you to park free of charge and these lots are available to be parked in as of 6PM tonight. The locations are the Early Learning Center, Beebe, Forestdale, Ferryway, Linden and Salemwood Schools as well as downtown at the CBD Parking Garage. Vehicles can remain in these lots until the snow emergency is lifted but you must monitor 311 to find out when to remove your vehicle from these lots.
Regarding other city services:
Trash pickup for Tuesday, March 14th will be canceled and trash collection will be pushed forward 1 day for the remainder of the week Wednesday through Saturday.
Malden Public Schools will be closed Tuesday, March 14th
- Malden Public Library, Senior Center and Teen Center will all be closed Tuesday, March 14th as well as the Forest Dale Cemetery.