Welcome to the City of Malden's Substance Abuse Prevention resource. If you have an emergency to report, dial 911 immediately.
This informational resource is provided to help individuals in need of services, guidance and support for themselves, a family member or a friend. Malden is part of the Mystic Valley Public Health Coalition which is comprised of the health departments in Malden, Medford, Melrose, Reading, Stoneham and Wakefield. Please visit Mystic Valley Public Health Coalition for information on treatment, recovery and support programs.
Malden Safe Disposal
Do you have expired or unwanted medication in your home? Dispose of them safely by:
- Participating in Malden's Medication Disposal Program at the Malden Police Dept. 800 Eastern Ave. open to the public 24/7 & is completely anonymous
- Utilitzing Walgreen's Pharmacy Medication Disposal drop box located at 185 Center St. Malden
- Mailing back medication at your local CVS or Rite Aid Pharmacies - they have envelopes designed to mail-back your prescriptions. Ask your pharmacist today!
- Participating in National Take-Back Day sponsored by the DEA hosted in Malden twice a year to encourage disposal of expired or unwanted prescription & OTC medication
Items Accepted: Prescription & over-the-counter (OTC) medication, pills, capsules, tablets
Items NOT Accepted: *Needles or syringes, illegal drugs, thermometers, aerosols, inhalers, liquids and creams, medications from clinics or businesses
*Needles can be disposed of at:
- Board of Health, 110 Pleasant Street, 2nd Floor
- Senior Housing, 630 Salem Street
- Senior Center, 7 Washington Street