Health Regulations & Ordinances
This list includes only those regulations or ordinances most frequently requested and that can be enforced by the Health Department Inspectors. If you would like information on a regulation or ordinance not listed and enforced by Health Inspectors, please contact the Health Department.
- Section 2 - Board of Health Regulations - Extermination Requirements (PDF)
- Section 4 - Board of Health Regulations - Dumpster and Waste Hauler Regulation (PDF)
- Section 6 - Board of Health Regulations - Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Section 9 - Board of Health Regulations - Dwellings (PDF)
This regulation is in addition to State Sanitary Code, Chapter II, Minimum Standards for Human Habitation, 105 CMR 410, City Ordinance, Section 940, Dwelling Units Inspections; Required and /or other applicable regulations.
- Section 18 - Board of Health Regulations - Food Regulations (PDF)
This regulation is in addition to State Sanitary Code, Chapter X, Minimum Standards for Food Service Establishments and the 2009 Federal Food Code.
- Section 19 - Board of Health Regulations - Body Art (PDF)
- Section 23 - Board of Health Regulations - Food Trucks (PDF)
- City Ordinance, Section 9.40 Rental Unit Inspections; Required (PDF)
Rental units must be inspected by Board of Health Inspectors upon vacancy and before re-occupancy. Exceptions are made for owner-occupied dwellings with three or fewer units. If you have any questions contact Permits, Inspections and Planning Services.
- Requirement for a Registered Sanitarian to Design Plans For Food Establishments (PDF)
This requirement must be met by all applicants for Food Service Establishments as of November 20, 2017
- Section 21 - Restricting the Sale and Use of Tobacco Products and Nicotine Delivery Systems (PDF)