The Information Technology unit is responsible for acquiring and maintaining the department's computer systems and infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to:
- Maintaining the Mobile Data Terminals assigned to all patrol units. These Mobile Data Terminals allow officers to access several databases while in the field.
- Maintaining the departments electronic Records Management System.
- Maintaining and administering a variety of software applications to assist officers and support staff in their day to day duties.
- Maintaining and administering a citywide security camera system.
- Maintaining the departments Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS)
- Providing user support on all of the departments hardware and software applications.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies as they become available.