Citizens may bring expired or unwanted medication to Malden PD Headquarters at 800 Eastern Ave. for proper disposal. The drop box is located in the lobby and is available 24/7.
Why citizens should turn in their unused prescription drugs:
- Children and animals could be poisoned if they find and swallow drugs.
- Drugs can be scavenged and illegally sold.
- Unused pharmaceuticals are environmental toxins; flushing them down the toilet or sink can release them into our drinking water and soil.
- Prescription Patches
- Prescription Medications
- Prescription Ointments
- Over-the-counter Medications
- Medications for Pets
Items Not Accepted:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Needles (sharps)
- Aerosol Cans
- Medications from Businesses or Clinics
*Any needles/syringes, medical devices (IV bags, home infusion items), thermometers and medical instruments may be disposed of at the following locations:
- Malden Senior Housing, 630 Salem Street
- Senior Center, 7 Washington Street
- Board of Health, 215 Pleasant St. 3rd Floor - Room 315