City Services During Coronavirus Response
Health professionals have advised that our best approach to combat COVID-19 is social distancing and as a result effective Monday, March 16th, City buildings will be closed to the general public until further notice, however we will still be operating during normal business hours offering certain core services. Below is a list of all City Departments and related services with information on each core service as well as other important notes.
- Non-emergency requests can be reported by calling, email or submitting a SeeClickFix ticket.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7171 x2051 or 911 for emergencies
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field appraisals will not be conducted until further notice.
- Real estate appraisals and inspections will not be conducted in the field
- Motor vehicle abatements can be submitted through US Mail or email
- Residential and statutory exemptions can be submitted through US Mail or email
- Abatement requests handled normally through electronic communication
Direct Phone: 781-397-7100
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Cemetery remains open to visitors during normal hours
- Consult Cemetery Director regarding funeral arrangements in accordance with Governor’s guidelines on public gatherings.
- Forest Dale Cemetery is open to visits as well as passive activity. Absolutely NO DOGS ALLOWED.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7191
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processing most documents via mail order request.
- Weddings not being conducted
Direct Phone: 781-397-7116
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Conducting support of internal department purchase orders.
- Warrants will continue to be processed regularly; departments drop in controllers drop box
- Contact office for all other questions.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7080
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing to conduct emergency response during COVID-19 response.
- Monthly public meetings currently on hold
Direct Phone: 781-397-7171
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Will provide emergency DigSafe markings upon request
- Continue Final water meter readings, and lead certificate issuance
- Continue monthly bill readings, leaking meter repair and weekly Water quality testing
- Road work construction and inspection will be on hold until further notice
Direct Phone: 781-397-7040
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essential fire functions continue as normal
- Fire Prevention office will be closed to the public until March 30th. If you need assistance please email FirePrevention@maldenfd.com or call 781-397-7383. x 2210
- The Malden Fire department will no longer be conducting SMOKE and CO detector compliance inspections until further notice.
Due to an executive order signed by Governor Charlie Baker on March 20, 2020
The Requirements of M.G.L. Chapter 148 Section 26F and 26F ½ are deferred for up to (90) days after the State of Emergency is lifted provided:
- The buyer and seller agree, in writing, the buyer not the seller shall be responsible to equip the property with compliant Smoke and CO detectors/alarms and;
- The buyer agrees to equip the property in accordance with 527 CMR 1.00, Chapter 13.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7383
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Inspections will not take place during shutdown; although director has discretion to make exceptions
- Issues or complaints handled on a case by case basis
Direct Phone: 781-397-7049
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HR will work with Treasurers office weekly on timely payroll processing issues
- All interviews will be put on hold
- Will continue to handle and process deductions
Direct Phone: 781-397-7000 x 2187
Direct Email: AChiccuarelli@cityofmalden.org
- IT will assist employees needing assistance on remote assistance through city issued laptops
- IT should facilitate complete remote access for all department heads in category 2
- Facilitate phone support as needed
Direct Phone: 781-397-7154
Direct Email: Itdir@cityofmalden.org
- Legal will remain available on an ad hoc basis to handle matters that require timely responses
Direct Phone: 781-397-7106
Direct Email: Danthony@cityofmalden.org
- Continuing home deliveries
- Closed until further notice
- Remote Library Cards
- Online books, audiobooks, movies, educational resources and more
Direct Phone: 781-333-0640
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Ongoing constituent services
- Utilize all communication methods to update residents
Direct Phone: 781-397-7000
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will continue to issue parking permits through mail and otherwise arrange for helping customers
- Skeleton crew will continue to monitor parking on street and respond to see click fix issues
- Most non safety related parking restrictions are being relaxed
Direct Phone: (781) 397-7196
Direct Email: email@example.com
Permits, Inspections & Planning Services
- Permits will continue to be issued remotely as through the issuance of 3 laptops to inspectors
- Inspections will be handled case by case at the discretion of the inspector based upon circumstances
Direct Phone: 781-397-7030
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essential police functions continue as normal
- Gun permits unavailable
- Police detail admin continue as normal
- Animal Control can be reached by phone: (781)397-7141
- Staff to monitor empty buildings at least daily for any issues
- Continue to process mail
Direct Phone: 781-397-7032
Direct Email: Sduffy@cityofmalden.org
- DPW offices closed.
- Yard drop-off hours are 8am-4pm Monday-Friday, closed Saturdays and Sundays.
- Purchase orders will still be processed
- www.seeclickfix.com will continuously be monitored
- Staff continues to work regularly scheduled at direction of director
- No street permits will be issued; no availability to buy recycle bins
Direct Phone: 781-397-7160
- All recreation programs and events cancelled until further notice
- All Malden parks are closed to all types of activity until further notice. This means that all parks are closed for passive exercise, organized games, walking the track and using the equipment. This also means all fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, playgrounds, dog parks and the community gardens.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7168
- Closed until further notice. Please visit maldenps.org for further details regarding the Malden Public Schools.
Direct Phone: 781-397-6100
Direct Email: email@example.com
All classes and programs cancelled until further notice
Direct Phone: 781-397-7144
Teen Enrichment Center
- All classes and programs cancelled until further notice
Direct Phone: 857-312-0317
- Office is closed to the public
- Parking hearings accepted by mail and drop box only
- On April 3, 2020, Governor Baker signed into law Chapter 53 of the Acts of 2020. This new law permits Mayors to issue an Executive order relative to extended statutory deadlines and the collection of taxes, and collection and calculation of interest, penalties and fees. Our Mayor has issued an Executive order on April 7, 2020 a copy of which can be found here https://www.cityofmalden.org/documentcenter/view/2497
- Treasurer/Collector billing specific updates:
- Real Estate tax bill due dates have been extended from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020. The calculation for interest on unpaid real estate and personal property tax has also been extended to June 1, 2020
- Motor Vehicle Excise and Water bills will continue to be mailed. No interest or penalties will be applied to any outstanding Excise or Water bills that were issued with a due date after March 10, 2020 and are paid in full by June 30, 2020.
- Payments can be made one of four ways; via Online bill pay by visiting https://www.cityofmalden.org/330/Bill-Pay, by phone using 855-984-1188, US Mail, or you may drop off your invoice with payment in the form of cash, check or money order in the secure drop box located outside of the 110 Pleasant Street City Hall location.
- With the social distancing protocols in place we strongly encourage to you use one of the first three methods of payment. Also it is not recommended that you leave cash payments as you will not be provided a receipt, a voided check or money order can serve as your receipt.
As Coronavirus (Covid-19) business related items evolve we will update this section to keep our constituents informed.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7090
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Needs of veterans will be handled case by case
- Continue to process monthly benefits
- Signup new services by appointment
Direct Phone: 781-397-7139
- Emergency work will be addressed by the DPW
- All non-emergency permits are closed until further notice