Mental Health Awareness Month
To recognize Mental Health Awareness Month, the City of Malden is putting together programs to help support the mental and physical wellbeing of our employees.
The City wants to challenge our employees this month to take time to think about their mental and physical wellness.
- Mindful Mondays - on Mondays, take time for a 10-15minute meditation or breathing exercises. Meditation and breathing exercises are know to help reduce stress.
- Together Tuesdays - on Tuesdays, bring a home made lunch and eat with coworkers.
- Wellness Wednesdays - on Wednesdays, Human Resources invites employees to join us on a walk to and around Macdonald Stadium. We will be meeting at 12noon in the City Hall lobby and walking to the track as a group.
- Thoughtful Thursdays - on Thursdays, take time to write or journal. Writing down thoughts and ideas is a great way to check in with yourself at the end of the work week.
- Don't Forget about yourself Fridays - on Fridays, do something special for yourself.
Helpful Tips from Harvard Pilgrim
Wellness requires a balance of mental and physical wellbeing. Harvard Pilgrim now offers virtual fitness and meditation over zoom through their Living Well at Home virtual classes series. You can sign up for an array of courses (i.e. Zumba, Yoga, Guided Meditation) on their website harvardpilgrim.org/livingwellathome.
Health and Wellness Webinars from Harvard Pilgrim
Living Well at Home also has a series of Health and Wellness Webinars covering a variety of topics. This series of classes takes a holistic look at health to help you stay physically and mentally resilient. This webinar series will run on Wednesdays from 1 to 1:30 p.m. ET live via Zoom.