2023 Malden Resident Senior $1,000 College Scholarship
2023 Malden Resident 2 year/4 year College $1,000 Scholarship
The Mayor is pleased to announce a $1,000 college scholarship for all Malden resident high school seniors going to a 2 year or 4 year college in the Fall, 2023.
- Recipient must be a Malden resident able to show proof of residency.
- Recipient must be a high school graduating senior and attending a 2 year or 4 year college in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Recipient must obtain a COMPLETED W-9 form from their college/university.
- How does payment/transfer of funds work?
- The application will ask for the college's ID number and the funds will be paid directly to the college by the City of Malden.
- What is the deadline for applying for these funds?
- The deadline for applying for the scholarship is August 31, 2023.
- Will this be renewable next year?
- No, these are one-time funds.
- Can I use these funds for other college related expenses such as books?
- No, these funds will be paid directly to the college or university for the use of college tuition.
- Can these funds be put toward a technical/vocational school?
- Unfortunately, these types of continuing education do not qualify for this scholarship. A student must be using the funds for entering a 2 year/4 year college in the Fall of 2023.
- What if the student is deferring and/or taking a gap year?
- Funds are only applicable for students attending college attendance starting in the Fall 2023 semester.
- What is the process for W-9 form submission?
- In order for the funds to be processed and sent to the college/university, a W-9 form must be completed with the SCHOOL's information (not the student's information). Download a blank W-9 form , submit to your school to complete, and upload the completed form into the scholarship application.
- How long will it take for the scholarship to be applied?
- Scholarships will begin to be processed after the application closes. In September 2023, the applications will start to be processed. Depending on the school and date of application submission, funds should be deposited into the student's school account between 1-3 months from the date of processing.
*Please note: Scholarship funds go directly to the college for payment and may take 1-3 months for processing to be complete.
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application Form.