2022 Phantom Gourmet Food Festival
About the Festival
The City of Malden has agreed to host the long-standing food festival known as the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival. Previously held on Landsdowne Street in Boston, the organization has recently moved the event from a once per year Boston based festival to now two events held in Malden in early summer and in Waltham in the Fall.
As a compliment to Malden's ongoing Summer Festival series, this festival will bring thousands of visitors to Malden exposing them to the great options in the downtown and acting as an economic boost for the many retail stores around the downtown.
The event will take place in downtown Malden closing off both Pleasant and Exchange streets. The downtown will be enclosed in a series of metal gates which will constitute the festival area.
The event is 21+ and alcohol will be served on the festival grounds. There will be over 50 food vendors serving up samplings from restaurants from Malden and across the state of Massachusetts and beyond!
The Phantom Gourmet is also using this as an opportunity to partner with Malden's own Bread of Life food pantry encouraging festival goers to bring donations to the festival.
Traffic and Parking
There will be significant traffic and parking restrictions and alterations on both Friday, June 24th and and Saturday, June 25th. Please note that as a courtesy for the downtown parking disruptions, there will be free parking at both the CBD and Jackson St. garages all day Friday and Saturday although on Saturday it may be full due to festival goers using the garages.
Friday June 25th
- The Odd side of Pleasant from Hugh O'Neills to City Hall Plaza will have no parking from 7AM Friday through the conclusion of the festival on Saturday (approximately 6PM).
- The Odd side of Exchange Street from Middlesex (Faces Brewing) to Abbot Street will have no parking from 7AM Friday through the conclusion of the festival on Saturday (approximately 6PM).
- The Pleasant Street Parking Lot will have intermittent closures on Friday and will be completely closed Saturday through the conclusion of the festival (approximately 6PM).
Saturday June 25th
- All of Exchange Street from Middlesex to Commercial will have no parking or through traffic starting at 6AM Saturday through the conclusion of the festival (approximately 6PM).
- All of Pleasant Street from Middlesex to Commercial St. will have no parking or through traffic starting at 6AM Saturday through the conclusion of the festival (approximately 6PM).
- The Pleasant Street Parking lot will be completely closed Saturday through the conclusion of the festival (approximately 6PM).
Public Parking Garages
Both the CBD Parking Garage and the Jackson Street Parking garage will have free parking to both festival goers as well as patrons of the downtown all day Friday and Saturday.
Safety and Security
The event will be kept safe by a partnership of various agencies including the Malden Police, Malden Fire, Cataldo EMS, Middlesex Sherrif's Office, Mass State Police and finally the Phantom Gourmet staff consisting of over 100 staff members which will include a private security firm hired by Phantom Gourmet.
How to Attend
This event is managed by the Phantom Gourmet. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time online or can be purchased at the gate at full price (while supplies last). The event will likely sell out.