Given the evolving circumstances around COVID-19 in our communities, Malden’s Health Department and Emergency Management Team have been actively monitoring the situation and working collaboratively with the Department of Public Health, all Malden City Departments and our School Superintendent. As of today, the following measures have been taken to protect the health and well-being of our residents, employees and all community members.
- Beginning on Friday, March 13th, the Malden Public Schools will be closed until further notice, but for a minimum of at least 2 weeks. Please continue to check the Malden Public Schools website at www.maldenps.org for updated information;
- All programming at the Malden Senior Center has been cancelled until further notice. The City is working with our Director of Human Services & Community Outreach, Karen Hayes, to reach out and make sure our seniors are still receiving the resources and services they need;
- The Malden Teen Enrichment Center will be closed, and the Malden Recreation Department is postponing all activities until further notice.
- Public hearings of the City Council Committees, Boards, and Commissions will only be scheduled if required by law or are time sensitive. Additional information about public hearings and meetings will follow.
- At this time, all City Departments remain open. This is subject to change. We are working with Department Heads to ensure the continuity of city operations while taking every measure to ensure the safety of our employees.
These precautions are necessary in order to reduce opportunities for the virus to spread. We are urging members of the public to continue to be vigilant and practice social distancing and good hygiene. Please check the City of Malden website at www.cityofmalden.org for updated information.