Several challenges regarding the COVID-19 vaccine have emerged in the last few weeks. These developments have increased frustration and anxiety for everyone. We are hoping to clarify some of the misconceptions.
- The Board of Health will announce a vaccine clinic for seniors to receive their second dose as soon as they are notified of the availability of a vaccine supply.
- Once this happens, all efforts will be made to reach out to seniors and assist with the registration for the clinic.
- At the present time there is no Malden vaccine clinic scheduled to request an appointment for a second dose, but the Board of Health is working to secure enough doses to Malden.
- The state has indicated that it would be pulling vaccines from individual municipal clinics, however, Malden may be one of the 20 communities that will continue to distribute the vaccine locally. The Board of Health is confirming this information.
- Right now, registering for one of the state vaccination sites has become a challenge because the state has opened up the eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine to those age 65+ without having the infrastructure to support the thousands of appointments that are being requested.
Please continue to try the following resources to schedule an appointment:
- Call 211 for an appointment at a State mass vaccination site and other area clinics.
- Call or go online to CVS.com and register for an appointment. The Broadway and Eastern Avenue locations are available to choose from for an appointment.