Did you know that 36% of Americans have reported having a package stolen at least once? Please follow these five safety tips to help combat package thefts this holiday season!
- Don't leave packages unattended for any length of time
- Won't be home? Use the 'Hold for Pickup' option at USPS.com
- Leaving town? Use the request 'Hold Mail' service at USPS.com
- Customize delivery by using USPS.com and your tracking number
- Use USPS special services like Signature Confirmation or Registered Mail
It is extremely important to always file a police report when you package is stolen. Reporting these crimes to Malden PD allows us to be aware of what areas are affected.
If you or someone you know has a package stolen, please call our non-emergency number at 781-397-7171 to file a report.